Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Morning Musings

 

It’s eerily quiet in my house at 5:35 a.m.  The hubby has just left for work, my daughter is still sleeping, and I do not have to get ready for work for another house. What’s a girl to do with free time on her hands – blog and twitter, of course!  But I have no true blog post ready to be written, so I thought I would share a few of the thoughts running thru my head on this Monday morning.

1. My legs are incredibly sore after Meg's killer leg workout. I have a date with foam roller later today.

2. The rest of me is just as sore from Annette's workout.  I know the soreness is a sign that I worked hard and pushed my body to its limits. And it is just enough soreness that I want to go and do it all again soon.

3. While my workouts are going well, my eating hasn’t been.  Father’s Day weekend was too many indulgences – brownies and ice cream, cheesecake, homemade bread pudding, pizza, wings, and lots of other yummy food.  For me, no food is “off limits” or bad. Rather, my philosophy is to enjoy everything in moderation. But moderation was not the theme of my eating this weekend. In the past, I would have beat myself up and felt bad for my poor choices. Now, I am just focusing on getting back on track today.

4. One of the easiest ways for me to get back (and stay on) track with my eating is to plan my meals ahead of time. Meal planning allows me to make sure all of my nutritional bases are covered and reduces the stress that can come from standing in the kitchen at 6:00 trying to answer the question “What’s for dinner?”

5. In case you are wondering, here’s what I will be eating this week:

meal plan

 

Things to talk about: Any random musing from you on this Monday morning?  What is on your meal plan for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment