Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sweat Streak Day 1: Intervals

Many bloggers are participating in the Runner's World Summer Running Streak. Runner's World is asking everyone to run at least 1 mile everyday between Memorial Day and July 4th.  When the Summer Running Streak started popping up in the blogsphere, my first instinct was to make my pledge to do it too.  But then I paused and thought about the challenge.  I know my body - specifically my knees - and that just couldn't hole up to 38 days of consecutive running. So I encouraged the other participants but bowed out.

Admittedly, I was bummed. I wanted to participate but couldn't.  Then I read Krissie's idea of creating a Summer Sweat Streak. 38 days of moving my body for at least 30 minutes. I can handle that, and so I started my streak yesterday, with a 25 min Interval workout.  Here's what I did:

3-5 minute warm up: walking, dancing to your favorite song, etc.

Then using a stopwatch, gym boss, etc - work for 50 seconds, rest for 10 seconds, complete the following:

  • Jumping Jacks
  • Plyo Squats
  • Jump Rope
  • Plank
  • Skaters
  • Crunches
  • Sprint
  • Wall Squat
  • Suicides
  • Tricep dips
  • Jump Squats
  • Pushups
  • Jump Rope
  • Side Plank (right)
  • Side Plank (left)
  • Sprint
  • Walking Lunges
  • Burpees
  • Mountain Climbers
  • Crunches
  • High Knees
  • Plank
  • Butt Kicks
  • Plank Jacks
  • Wall Squat
I was drenched in sweat with shaky muscles by the end of the workout - always a good sign!  My Summer Sweat Streak is off to a great start.

How did you get your sweat on yesterday? What will you do today?  Are you participating in the Summer Run Streak? If not, will you join me in the Summer Sweat Streak?

No comments:

Post a Comment