Thursday, July 5, 2012

Moving Forward

This morning I shared with you my struggles from the holiday and my plan for going forward.  After I pressed publish on my post, I started putting my plan into practice. I packed my lunch bag with a few servings of my favorite veggies ( sliced red pepper and baby carrots), a few bottles of water, and this new snack bar that I am loving.

snack bar 

The ingredients list is just peanuts, almonds, cranberries, almond butter and honey.  The bar is a great mix of sweet from the honey with salty from the nuts.  The healthy fats and protein of the almonds and almond butter also help to keep me fuller than some other snacks.  I made it a practice of taking 5 minute walk breaks around the office at the end of each hour, which helped to keep my mind clear, and allowed me to work up an appetite for the HUGE salad I had for lunch.

salad beast 

I find myself craving salads more frequently these days – I think it is do to the hot weather. Salads just seem to scream “Cool and refreshing”.  To keep things interesting, I try to vary the things I put in my salad. Today’s salad beast had broccoli, cauliflower, pineapples, raisins, and was topped with roasted red pepper hummus.

Eating balanced meals and drinking lots of water had me feeling less bloated and yuck by the end of my work day. Now, I am going to go for a walk on the treadmill, followed by Day 5 of the #30dayabchallenge, and end my day with a dinner of grilled chicken and roasted squash.  I’d say that is a step in the right direction – FORWARD!

Things to talk about: How do you get back on track after an day of overindulgence?

No comments:

Post a Comment