Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekend Rewind

It has been a busy weekend for me. Things got started on Friday around lunch when my college roommate Jess came into town for a visit.  Jess and her Mom met me at lunch at a local Mexican place. I enjoyed chicken fajitas as well as lots of laughter and great conversation.

Jess 7-6-12 Best Roommate Ever

Jess and her Mom (Rita) went on to surprise me by offering to cook dinner for Micheal, Joycie and I.  After an extremely stressful week at the office, I had no energy or motivation to prepare dinner, so I gladly took them up on their offer. Besides, I couldn’t pass up a chance to spend more time with these two wonderful ladies.  When I came home around 5:00 on Friday, my kitchen was filled with the divine aroma of spaghetti sauce bubbling away on the stove.  Turns out, Jess and her Mom had whipped her homemade spaghetti sauce earlier in the week and had brought 2 quart jars to me.  One was used for supper and the other is in my pantry awaiting another meal.

Dinner 7-6-12Spaghetti, Caesar Salad and Garlic Bread.

After Jess and her Mom left to head home, Micheal, Joycie and I went down to my sister-in-law’s house. Our church is hosting our annual Vacation Bible School the week after next, and my brother-in-law Jason needed our help building props. The theme is based on aviation, so Jason is building a miniature plane.

2012-07-06_19-59-29_244

Saturday morning kicked off bright and early, as my sister-in-law Lane, friend Serena and I headed out for a day of shopping.  We scored major deals at TJ Maxx’s, Target, and a few other stores.  I had fun trying out a few of the pieces in the Old Navy Active Line.

Shopping 7-7-12

The pieces were affordable priced. But the shorts were a bit shorter than I am comfortable running in and the shirt was a size too big, so I passed. But I am considering buying them online. I could see myself using them for at home workouts, yoga, or playing outside with my daughter. The girls days ended with lunch at one of my favorite restaurant, Olive Garden.  I enjoyed the soup, salad, and breadsticks lunch – having a bowl on minestrone as my soup of choice.

Last night, our family gathered for yet another cookout and shooting of fireworks. What can I say, we like to celebrate the 4th of July as much as possible?  Since I had been away from the hubby and daughter all day, I made an effort to really be engaged – choosing not to snap pictures for the blog or do too much tweeting. It was a nice evening.

Today’s agenda includes church, lunch with my parents, and a workout with the hubby.  To me, it is the perfect ending to a pretty stellar weekend.

Things to talk about:  What were the highlights of your weekend?  What are your plans for today?

1 comment:

  1. On Saturday, I took a class in Russian Kettlebell at a place called the School of Movement, focusing on a mind-body connection in strength. Every class is more of a workshop in efficient movement and not so much a workout. Really, really eye-opening.

    Sunday was spent sitting in a chair all day :-( working on my book (I'm in Korea so Sunday is already over :-(

    Sounds like you had an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete