Monday, June 4, 2012

SweatStreak Day 5: Active Rest

I woke up Sunday morning feeling extremely tight. Even though I had stretched and foam rolled on Saturday night, the combination of a 5K race, being on my feet for 6 hours for work, and then playing on a waterslide for my cousin's birthday, had left me SORE.  I thought about taking the day completely off. But I didn't want to end my #sweatstreak.  So, I decided to make Sunday an active rest day - for both my body and my mind.

I did not check e-mail, Facebook, the blog or Twitter at all for the majority of Sunday.  Rather, I spent that time attending church, enjoying lunch out with my parents, hubby and daughter, and then spending the afternoon hanging out with my family.  My daughter and I played chase and danced around the living room -which I am counting towards my #sweatstreak.

What did you do on Sunday?  How do you handle active rest days vs. total rest days?

No comments:

Post a Comment