Tuesday, June 5, 2012

SweatStreak Day 6: Triple the Movement

Per my weekly workout plan, Monday's workout was to be a full body weights workout designed by the lovely Annette of Fitness Perks.  I headed to the gym on my lunch break - fired up and ready to test Annette's workout. 

Oh man!  This weights workout delivered! It hit ALL of my muscle groups and had me sweating/shaking/burning by the end.  The best part was that I was able to fit it in to just an hour - and that's with a warm up, cool down and stretching. My schedule is pretty packed these days, so having a workout that I can do on my lunch break is a major bonus.

My intentions were to come home after work and veg on the couch. But a co-worker who is looking to get into shape asked if I would go to the gym with her. So at 5:00 p.m., I was beside her on the treadmill.  We enjoyed some conversation as we walked on the treadmills for 25 minutes.

As I was leaving the gym, my SIL texted me and asked if I would be willing to lead an aerobics class at our church at 6:00 p.m.  I thought about saying no, but realized that I could create a good class without pushing myself too much -- I don't want to overtax my body.  I led the group for a 45 minute class, which left them drenched in sweat.

Finally at 7:15 p.m., I arrived at home, tired, a little sore, but riding a HUGE wave of exercise endorphins.  I have no plans to workout 3 times a day with any regularity. However, it was a great day in my #sweatstreak.

What workout did you do yesterday?  Have you ever worked out more than once, twice, etc. in a single day?

No comments:

Post a Comment