Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WIAW: 6/27/12: The Busy Week Edition

Wednesdays are quickly becoming my favorite day of the week. Why? Because I get to share my yummy eats with you and more importantly see all the delicious things everyone else has been eating.  And I owe my enjoyment to the one and only Peas and Crayons
wiaw sensible snacking button 
I knew this week was going to be an extremely busy one for our family My company is implementing a new computer system that required me to work later than usual. My hubby is working weird hours this week. Hoping to avoid the fast food drive thru, I asked the hubby to do some grilling on Sunday evening.
DSC_1675
He seasoned up about 5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts before grilling them to perfection. The seasoning included cumin, paprika, pepper, and rosemary.  We have been eating the chicken breasts in salads, sandwiches, and even smothered….
DSC_1680 
Nothing like a chicken breast smothered in peppers, onions, spinach and mozzarella cheese.

While hubby was busy grilling, I was doing some baking. My company is implementing a new computer system this week and my office is infamous for having tons of sweets on hand during big projects. Rather than reaching for a slice of cake, a piece of candy, or feeling deprived because I couldn't eat the sweets - I opted to make my own healthy sweet treat.brownie muffins
I kept things simple and whipped up a batch of Hungry Girl's Brownie MuffinsThe recipe made 12 muffins. They are moist with a touch of sweetness. I have been eating them alone and crumbled in my greek yogurt. I love that they contain pumpkin!


That's what has been cooking in kitchen and going in my tummy this week. What yummy goodies have you whipped up this week?  Any tips for meal planning for busy weeks? Quick meal ideas you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment